We are now accepting applications from artists and creators for projects to be carried out at Steneby.
Steneby AIR is made possible with support from HDK – Academy of Design and Crafts, University of Gothenburg and Mötesplats Steneby.
Goals of Steneby Air:
- explore new methods, processes and implementations
- develop and strenghten the ties to our alumni students
- share knowledge and experience
- strengthen our ties to our international surroundings
- inspire and be inspired
- challenge our processes and approaches
- preserve and develop crafts, art and design
Duration and deadlines
1-3 months depending on the project.
Application deadline: May 15 for the period August 20 – December 20 and October 30 for the period January 20 – June 6.
NB: The current application period is exclusively for alumnis from Stenebyskolan and HDK at Steneby.
- accomodation, simple standard close to the school
- workplace in shared studio space
- access to workshops according to project and competence
- scholarship of 15 000 SEK/month
- material based on an approved budget. With a residency of 3 months the funding of material may be limited.
Who can apply?
Working artists, craftspersons, designers, architects, writers, performing artists, filmmakers, gastroartists, musicians – anyone interested in developing and sharing a project in the Steneby environment. Both Swedish and international artists are welcome to apply. We highly value our Steneby alumnis.
What should the application contain?
- Contact information
- Project duration
- Project description with motivation, maximum two A4-pages. Include a description on how your project can become accessible and shared (lecture, exhibition, seminar, publication, film etc.)
- CV (include studies at Steneby if any)
- Project budget (include VAT)
- 5 pictures/sketches describing the project (jpeg-files)
- Link to web-page or other web-based sources
- Language: English or Swedish
How do you apply?
Send your application to Niklas Engvall
We have an ambition to make our Artists in residence visible and influence our creative environment both internally towards students and staff, and externally. That is why we want permission from each participant to photograph works and process, expand and share project description and reflective statements about experiences gained at Steneby, and use this information in publications and reports.
After finished period we wish that the artist deliver some kind of documentation of their residency. The format of the documentation is not set and can depend on the nature of the specific project.